Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Instant" Hot Water


At home, I've been really spoiled by an instant hot water dispenser. I drink a lot of hot tea, and it's great to have hot water at my beck and call. So what to do in the RV?

OK, so I stole this idea. Just use a carafe thermos with the push down dispenser. I usually boil a large pot of water in morning, and fill up the thermos. Any water that remains in the evening is still quite warm, and we use it for cleaning dishes.

Maybe my only contribution here is where to keep the thermos when traveling. (Actually, I stole that too -- it's my wife Carol's idea ;-) We keep it in the open sink, with a towel wrapped around the base. We also store our coffee mugs there when they are not up front with us. It's been over all kinds of washboard roads without any problems. Even works on CA highways ;-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alli said...

Yes, I must admit, it is pretty darn easy to become spoiled by the instant water heater here. So I'm glad you have managed to find a way to keep on enjoying your hot tea on the road.

May 28, 2008 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Steven Crisp said...

Yes, but now coffee is calling once again. But no saccharine!

June 16, 2008 at 2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home